Saturday, March 21, 2009

Monk Puppet Performance at Freehold Theatre








Heather (Gosnell), the other puppeteer, supported the puppets' hips and maneuvered his right arm. I controlled the head by holding onto the back of his neck...I really like the direct contact it is a more intimate connection than using a rod. As well, I controlled his left arm. His feet were control by putting my toes into the back of his Chuck's into some specially made "toe cups" .
I was most nervous for the first dress rehearsal as this was the first time I had performed with one of my puppets in front of an audience, you know...knotty stomach, shaky hands. After that I was just shaky. When it was bad he looked like he had the 'old man' shake goin' on!!
Hope to soon follow this with some video snippets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment if you like!