Friday, February 17, 2012

Kickstarter preparation- mini lantern brackets complete!



Got these pretty little things in the mail yesterday. I e-mailed my mini bracket design out to a friend that has been doing beautiful intricate scroll-saw work for years.  A week later I am holding them in my hand. What a great feeling! Thanks Ed! They are really lovely.




They are wood....1/4 inch thick, about 6 inches tall and about 2 1/2 inches wide




What it will look like with the lantern hanging on the bracket. Next photo here will be brackets truly complete....stained, painted and mounted on the miniature cart with Lanterns hung! Maybe today!





Stained and ready to glue on some hinges





I will cover the hinges with fabric(leather) or something like that will hide them as well as add an "old" feel to the look of the cart. After seeing the way they look on this mini cart I think I am anticipating that the brackets and lanterns on the full size cart will actually be a bit smaller in comparison.  





I love love love it! It looks even better than I thought it would. it is starting to have an old world European-ish feel (at least a cinematic Europe!) ...the Gypsy vibe is comin' through.  My Grandmama was from Hungary.  I've felt for a long time the wandering gypsy in my bones. 





So my thoughts about a a logo....
 I at least want the name TWIG  to appear on this side of the cart. This is the audience side and I want them to know the name of the theatre without wondering.  I'm still working on that ....I think maybe a part of me has been waiting for more of the cart to take shape so i would know how simple or involved to go with a logo or drawing...I'm starting to think the simpler the better now...hmmm.
......more on logo later




Here again is the actual cart in its 5 foot unfinished-ness...soon to be finished!!





Here the backstage doors are open.
                                    Ready for some mystical puppet beings to emerge from behind...

5 comments:

  1. Sincerely amazing! They look like your sketch only woody! Handy friend indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better and better.... Great scroll work! How big are those brackets?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rob thanks!...they are about 5 1/2 inches long and about 2 1/2 inches wide. 1/4 " thick.

      Delete
    2. Hey Rob Thanks! they turned out really lovely!
      They are about 5 inches long, 2 1/2 inches wide and 1/4 inch thick.

      Delete

Please leave a comment if you like!